Archive for June, 2009
The Lighthouse Project is a new, dynamic MAS Tarbiya campaign designed to touch every MAS member. The project will move MAS members, teams, and chapters to strive collectively for a common tarbiya theme for a whole month. MAS Tarbiya will drive the Lighthouse Project through a wealth of resources, practical implementations, online seminars, discussions and inspiring messages.
To learn more about the Lighthouse Project, click here to view the complete program overview.
Month-long Lighthouse campaigns will run several times a year, and will help revive MAS members’ passion for self-improvement and deepened understanding. They will be engineered to instill essential understanding and nurture the five tarbiya objectives in members. All members should prepare themselves for the first campaign, spread the word within their chapters, and make sure their families, friends and usras are part of the Lighthouse Project!
View the first Lighthouse Project trailer below!
The job of MAS Tarbiya is to advance the MAS mission by developing the members who carry it. In order to bring our mission to life, MAS Tarbiya announces five objectives designed to help every MAS member internalize the mission and put it into action.
MT asks that every MAS member memorize them, think about them, and be ready to implement them throughout the upcoming term. Our mission will only be achieved by a group of people who strive for the highest standards in piety, discipline, worship, and activism. It all starts at home with you and me.
Here are the five objectives that insha’allah we will work towards together:
1. God-consciousness: Of sound belief & worship – Of unshakable character – Striving for excellence – Accountable – Healthy – Always repenting
2. Movement-oriented: Helping others to be God-conscious – Nurturing a righteous family – Aligned with the MAS mission – Proactive – Steadfast – Ready to sacrifice – Unifiers & coalition-builders – Tolerant of differences
3. Team Players: Of a team-building mindset – Practicing the spirit of brotherhood – Trusting – Observant of consultation principles, bylaws and procedures – Empowering of leadership
4. Exemplary Citizens: Patriotic – Invested in our country’s betterment – Socially and politically informed – Proactive in local and neighborhood community initiatives – Serving as role models
5. Bearers of the Message: Able to convey the balanced understanding of Islam – Proud of Islam – Implement Islam diligently in every environment – Present Islam with the best manners and wisdom – Able to present Islamic values and solutions to pressing social issues
MAS Tarbiya will be at your side in the upcoming term, helping you and your chapter to understand, internalize, and strive for these standards through practical assignments, reminders, seminars, discussions and more. May Allah (swt) mark this as a new beginning in our commitment to serve His cause.
The MAS Tarbiya executive team (MT-exec) is currently working on finalizing a comprehensive plan for the current term, while at the same time launching important projects that should not be delayed. In March 2009, MAS Tarbiya submitted a quarterly report to the MAS Executive Council, detailing the planning progress, key priorities, and the scope of work.
Some of the key points presented in the report are:
- An outline of the process being used to formulate the term plan and select MT-exec members
- MAS Tarbiya will focus on MAS members, leaving Tarbiya efforts among other sectors to their respective departments. MT will work to develop members to carry out the MAS mission.
- MT will focus on four priorities in its work: 1) Build the brand 2) Excel in business 3) Develop resources 4) Establish the Tarbiya Institute.
- The MT Advisory Board was formed and is currently in place.
You can view the complete quarterly report here.
Assalam alaikum! It’s with great excitement that MAS Tarbiya welcomes you to its official blog, where you can easily find the latest resources, projects, and news of your favorite MAS department. We hope you will visit often! The blog is also a place where you can provide feedback on MT projects and initiatives by leaving comments. The MT-exec will be responding to all comments and questions posted here, insha’allah.
Stay tuned shortly for some very exciting projects!