Announcing the Five Objectives
The job of MAS Tarbiya is to advance the MAS mission by developing the members who carry it. In order to bring our mission to life, MAS Tarbiya announces five objectives designed to help every MAS member internalize the mission and put it into action.
MT asks that every MAS member memorize them, think about them, and be ready to implement them throughout the upcoming term. Our mission will only be achieved by a group of people who strive for the highest standards in piety, discipline, worship, and activism. It all starts at home with you and me.
Here are the five objectives that insha’allah we will work towards together:
1. God-consciousness: Of sound belief & worship – Of unshakable character – Striving for excellence – Accountable – Healthy – Always repenting
2. Movement-oriented: Helping others to be God-conscious – Nurturing a righteous family – Aligned with the MAS mission – Proactive – Steadfast – Ready to sacrifice – Unifiers & coalition-builders – Tolerant of differences
3. Team Players: Of a team-building mindset – Practicing the spirit of brotherhood – Trusting – Observant of consultation principles, bylaws and procedures – Empowering of leadership
4. Exemplary Citizens: Patriotic – Invested in our country’s betterment – Socially and politically informed – Proactive in local and neighborhood community initiatives – Serving as role models
5. Bearers of the Message: Able to convey the balanced understanding of Islam – Proud of Islam – Implement Islam diligently in every environment – Present Islam with the best manners and wisdom – Able to present Islamic values and solutions to pressing social issues
MAS Tarbiya will be at your side in the upcoming term, helping you and your chapter to understand, internalize, and strive for these standards through practical assignments, reminders, seminars, discussions and more. May Allah (swt) mark this as a new beginning in our commitment to serve His cause.